2000 impala service vehicle soon - Chevy Impala Forums
Autocare and Maintenance Auto detailing, care, and maintenance.

User Tag List

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Ladyeolus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2000 impala service vehicle soon

My 2000 chevy impala service vehicle soon light is on. First the low coolant light came on for about a month now. My coolant is not low and i replaced the sensor. I flushed out the old coolant.
I put a code reader on and it comes up nothing.
Any thoughts?
Ladyeolus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2019
Senior Member
 
Bart77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Garus, Wisconsin
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Thanks: 22
Thanked 199 Times in 147 Posts
The device vehicle soon light is for a non emission related issue. The diagnostic codes, I believe, are usually stored in the BCM, Body Control Module. You'll need to get a hold of a dealer level scan tool to read the codes.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
sheila likes this.
Bart77 is offline  
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Ladyeolus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart77 View Post
The device vehicle soon light is for a non emission related issue. The diagnostic codes, I believe, are usually stored in the BCM, Body Control Module. You'll need to get a hold of a dealer level scan tool to read the codes.



Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Ok thank you , ill take it to the dealer
Ladyeolus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2019
Junior Member
 
Pattrick_Martin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
These cars are notorious for having the Body Control Module fail in them. It happened in my car (2002 Chevy Impala LS) too. Its about a 400 job at a dealer.
Pattrick_Martin2001 is offline  
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Ladyeolus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattrick_Martin2001 View Post
These cars are notorious for having the Body Control Module fail in them. It happened in my car (2002 Chevy Impala LS) too. Its about a 400 job at a dealer.
Maybe I'll get a friend then lol.
I'm just going to take it to a local mechanic.
Isit okay to keep driving it?
Ladyeolus is offline  
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2019
Junior Member
 
Pattrick_Martin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Absolutely. I drove mine with a bad body control module for a few months. It was no problem. Are their any other things not normal happening to your car?
Pattrick_Martin2001 is offline  
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Ladyeolus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattrick_Martin2001 View Post
Absolutely. I drove mine with a bad body control module for a few months. It was no problem. Are their any other things not normal happening to your car?
The only thing i notice is that when i accelerate and turn the car kind of slips that's the only way i can describe it. I was told that it may be the transmission slipping.
My service vehichle soon is dinging every now and again.
Other than that all seems normal
Ladyeolus is offline  
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2019
Junior Member
 
Pattrick_Martin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyeolus View Post
The only thing i notice is that when i accelerate and turn the car kind of slips that's the only way i can describe it. I was told that it may be the transmission slipping.
My service vehichle soon is dinging every now and again.
Other than that all seems normal
The transmissions are also known to go out. Sometimes a rebuild others its a new transmission. Have you changed your transmission fluid and filter at all???
Pattrick_Martin2001 is offline  
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Ladyeolus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattrick_Martin2001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyeolus View Post
The only thing i notice is that when i accelerate and turn the car kind of slips that's the only way i can describe it. I was told that it may be the transmission slipping.
My service vehichle soon is dinging every now and again.
Other than that all seems normal
The transmissions are also known to go out. Sometimes a rebuild others its a new transmission. Have you changed your transmission fluid and filter at all???
No i haven't i was told that it was Checked 2 years ago and new struts were put on and the window mechanisms are new they said the Windows would slip.2 year old tires also.
Taking it tomorrow to a shop.
Auto zone read it but no codes came up and they are saying it's a oil change.
Ill keep a update on this after it gets looked at thisweekend.
Ladyeolus is offline  
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2019
Junior Member
 
Pattrick_Martin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyeolus View Post
No i haven't i was told that it was Checked 2 years ago and new struts were put on and the window mechanisms are new they said the Windows would slip.2 year old tires also.
Taking it tomorrow to a shop.
Auto zone read it but no codes came up and they are saying it's a oil change.
Ill keep a update on this after it gets looked at thisweekend.
Keep me updated!
Pattrick_Martin2001 is offline  
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Ladyeolus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattrick_Martin2001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyeolus View Post
No i haven't i was told that it was Checked 2 years ago and new struts were put on and the window mechanisms are new they said the Windows would slip.2 year old tires also.
Taking it tomorrow to a shop.
Auto zone read it but no codes came up and they are saying it's a oil change.
Ill keep a update on this after it gets looked at thisweekend.
Keep me updated!
Checked and changed oil. Reset it service vehicle light and low coolant light still on.
Taking car to mechanic tommorrow morning.
Ladyeolus is offline  
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2019
Junior Member
 
Pattrick_Martin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyeolus View Post
Checked and changed oil. Reset it service vehicle light and low coolant light still on.
Taking car to mechanic tommorrow morning.
Could be a coolant level sensor going bad. That could be the root of your whole problem.
Pattrick_Martin2001 is offline  
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Ladyeolus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattrick_Martin2001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyeolus View Post
The only thing i notice is that when i accelerate and turn the car kind of slips that's the only way i can describe it. I was told that it may be the transmission slipping.
My service vehichle soon is dinging every now and again.
Other than that all seems normal
The transmissions are also known to go out. Sometimes a rebuild others its a new transmission. Have you changed your transmission fluid and filter at all???
My mechanic said all is ok
Ladyeolus is offline  
post #14 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Ladyeolus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I took it to the mechanic. He said the coolant sensor i bought was bad....it was bought a new one.
Light is out.
But the service vehicle light is still on i could not get a emmissions test i had to much gas in car.
I was told it's okay to use it.
The whole deal cost me 80$. For now
sheila likes this.
Ladyeolus is offline  
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2019
Junior Member
 
Pattrick_Martin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyeolus View Post
I took it to the mechanic. He said the coolant sensor i bought was bad....it was bought a new one.
Light is out.
But the service vehicle light is still on i could not get a emmissions test i had to much gas in car.
I was told it's okay to use it.
The whole deal cost me 80$. For now
Check your fuses. Especially the ones dealing with lighting. I know it sounds weird but I had a fuse go out in my car that caused one headlight to be dimmer than the other and it made my service vehicle soon light come on.

Improper Impala build dream listed below
20 inch 5 spoke wheels
ZZP Turbo Kit
Stage 2 axles
Lowered on springs
Tinted windows
LED Everything
Pattrick_Martin2001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome