Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - Official Advent OGM-1 Thread..
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2013
jtrosky
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,792 Posts
Garage
Yeah, like I said, of all of the "OEM-look" plug-and-play unit available, I truly believe that the Advent OGM-1 is the best of the bunch, with Rosen in second, OttoNavi third and all other Chinese 2-DIN units coming in last. I've heard nothing but great things about ADC Mobile as well. Really, $1025 isn't bad for a brand new one. Although the Best Buy refurbished one does come with a 3-year warranty for $699, so that's a pretty good deal too...

While I still have both the OttoNavi K-Series and the Rosen DS-GM1010-P11, I think that I'll probably eventually return the OttoNavi (assuming the replacement has the same problems as the original one I got), sell the Rosen and get the Advent... '

I must say though, this Rosen sure does have *excellent* sound, probably due to the built-in BBE technology (I used to use a BBE Sonic Maximizer in my home system and I *loved* it). I also have a feeling that the Rosen is the most powerful of the bunch (25 watt RMS vs. 15 watt RMS for the Advent). Both have 45 watt peak though... The OttoNavi claims 25 watt RMS/45 watt peak, but I've found that it wasn't as powerful as the Rosen....

They all have their pros and cons just like anything else though....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post:
kellynjm (04-10-2014)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome