Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - Installing Aftermarket Radios - Get the Harness!!!
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2013
meatshield72

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THRobinson View Post
You saying that as a good or bad thing? Because $100 to me sounds bad, especially when my deck isn't even worth $100 anymore. :S

That being said, I bought a $5 wire harness/adapter for my '02 Impala, simply because I don't have BOSE, Onstar and not worried about the chimes since there are dash lights for warnings and only about 5 chimes anyways.

My question is... ever so often I see a post that says "...you must keep the original radio in the vehicle somewhere and keep it plugged in or your gauges will not work and you will get malfunction lights in the cluster."

Is that true? again, not worried about audible warnings, I simply don't have the $100 to spend on the integrated adapter, vs $5 for one of these.

Also... I have another POST for this, but, if anyone knows where the red wire goes, please let me know. Thanks

That is a very good question. If someone answers it, it may help with the questions I asked in this post, https://www.impalaforums.com/audio-vi...-pressure.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome