Impala Forums banner

about to do quad tail lights :D

25K views 156 replies 19 participants last post by  g25racer 
#1 ·
i found an article on BBEngineering. they say to use an acrylic bowl and stuff like that. but what i did was found 2 cheap tail light assemblies with harnesses on ebay and bought them. im gonna cut that bowl out and use that to make it more of a uniform look cus ive noticed how when people do that mod the center 2 lights look brighter than the outer. this bugs me.

i know there is a way to make the 2 new lights into turn signals and do the progressive turn signals. (like the newer mustangs and some older cars) i know they sell the 3 light ones but i only of course just wanna use 2. is there a part for that? or do i have to make something?

im also gonna try and keep the reverse lights in the same spot also.

ill keep yall posted. im pretty excited about it haha

#32 ·
? I see nothing...

#34 · (Edited)
I saw the links in the email I got about your response on the thread, but when I clicked on them they were all blank. Try using photobucket or imgur or something like that

#36 ·
:lurker:

#39 ·
Yeah dude! Lookin good! I might have to follow suit...

#40 ·
^^ Looks good! And thanks for that link I deleted it a while back and missed it. lol

I have been wanting to do this mod ever since I saw it and even more now that my tails are tinted. The sequential mod would be sick as hell.

Edit: Is that a freakin cb antenna?

#41 ·
thanks! but lol no my car used to b a cop car outta chicago and they mustve drilled a hole in the trunk lid. and at the same time they cut the stock antenna in the rear window. so i ran a new antenna wire from my stereo to the trunk lid to fill the hole. my reception still sucks sadly lol

#43 ·
^^ My rims were badly corroded and chipped up. I was about to scrap them they were so bad. I first cleaned them with soapy water then dried them. I then spent about 2hrs on each wheel with a scotch wheel on a drill, palm sander, hand sanding, and a fine wire brush around the bead area. Then cleaned with rubbing alcohol. Painted about 4 light coats of duplicolor gloss black then, 2 coats of duplicolor wheel clear coat. I am happy with the results but, I could have done more sanding. Atleast twice a year I have to do some touch up around the bead. It is hard to get a good coating around the bead with the tires still on. Next time I paint rims the tires are coming off. Paint jobs are ALL about prep, prep, and more prep.

#45 ·
just realized i had the same pic on there twice my bad. but i want to plasti dip my rims. i think plastic dip is one of the most amazing things in paint lol if u dont want it. it comes off! i want to plasti dip my rims like g25 painted his. im from indiana and the car was a cop char n chicago and the corrosion has stopped since i had the car havent realy known how to clean alum rims but i try and keep em clean. not sure on black or a silver color yet tho. oh and idk if yall say this but i like to show them off lol:

carbon fiber plasti dip kit!

#46 ·
^^ Next time I do rims the tires will come off like I said. And personally I would plast-dip them first as it sticks way better than paint does then, paint over top the plasti.

#47 ·
that sounds good. i was thinking about doin like that to.

res and u bend delete done! i replaced the muffler a few months back that his old genius of an exhaust guy gave me. its a turbo muffler and it realy helped throttle response. for $65 im not very please. he quoted me $40 at 1st. old bastard. oh well. now when i rev a good amount (no tac cant say what rpm range) it has this raspy ricer-ish sound but not annoying af cus its not a fart can muffler.

i believe its a dynomax muffler

#48 ·
that sounds good. i was thinking about doin like that to.

res and u bend delete done! i replaced the muffler a few months back that his old genius of an exhaust guy gave me. its a turbo muffler and it realy helped throttle response. for $65 im not very please. he quoted me $40 at 1st. old bastard. oh well. now when i rev a good amount (no tac cant say what rpm range) it has this raspy ricer-ish sound but not annoying af cus its not a fart can muffler.
Did you get an actual res delete or just go down to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a section of pipe? This is what I did. GM designed these resonators like crap. They put the joint section on the top so, it collects water there and starts rusting. I think I paid $50

#49 ·
the old bastard put in a piece of pipe from the cat back. and put an o2 sensor on it 90 degrees from orig. i think he charged me so much because he was saying b4 we did it that in order to delete the u bend the whole exhaust would have to be moved down 3 inches. i kept politely arguing with him and when he saw i was right i think he got pissed lol. also i think he put on a 2.5 inch inner diameter pipe on instead of a i think 2 inch inner diam pipe.

#58 ·
Calm down guys

Cin: No my post

#61 ·
Sorry but a 3inch exhaust on a v6 would sound obnoxious and retarded. 2.5" max man

Edit: I am also debating going cat-less with an 02 sim or pcm code removed. But, if later down the line michigan decides to enforce emission's, im screwed. So, I will prob stick with a Cat. Plus, who wants to smell an exhaust w/o a cat? Not me! A cat being plugged up smells bad enough. I can't decide :bang: I guess the funds will decide when they come (income tax wohoo)

#62 ·
alright. i saw a video on youtube. 'how to make a v6 sound like a v8.' and its on a 3.8 impala. 3 inch down(i think) 3 inch back to axel back duals flowmaster series 60s. the in cab drone is annoying but the outside sound is pretty nice. im from south bend, indiana but g2 in college at oklahoma state. go pokes! and in oklahoma it is illegal to modify your exhaust past stock volume. of course my car is registered in indiana. but my cars not that loud to begin with lol. but if worse comes to worse lol. ill prob end up changing the muffler to a flowmaster and keepin the turbo muffler and makin them changable with a clamp lol

funny story i have a buddy with an 06 titan and he straight piped it true duals and put the pipes commin out under the front of the bed on passenger side. loudest trunk ive ever driven lol. hes been pulled over and warned multiple times about the exhaust volume. and he speeds a LOOOOT. mofo has never gotten a ticket! lol on cop bitched him out for it cus he heard a loud truck and squealing tires but couldnt pin it on us. he was waiting for us to get out of the taco bell drive thru. but we all got into his truck and after the drive thru he went to my car so i could get back in it and the cop bitched him out like a dick. "turn that shit off" (ghosts and stuff deadmau5) lol

#63 ·
exhaust is done and im liking it! it has this nice wah wah wah sound but its only noticebale when your standing outside of the car lol and it has a nice little pop when its commin off a rev. im happy! come summer im gonna get another exhaust probly a flowmaster series 60 and have them interchangeable. the gain in power is very very minute but i still like it!:yahoo:ill upload a clip when i get something that has good sound quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.