Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - Lean running Roadmaster
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2011
MrBuick (Magnum)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any time there is an issue like this, check the fuel pressure. It would have saved me a tone of work when I had an issue like this. I normally change the fuel filter for the hell of it, when an issue like this happens. It's only a good thing to change that filter, as it is often forgotten.

My first RMS was goofy. Some days it seemed fine, other days is ran like crap. Sometimes in the same few minutes it would change from fine, to running like crap.

Adjustable fuel pressure regulators only true place is on a forced induction car. Or a car using injectors that are maxed out, and you need more out of them. Either way, using one requires a custom tune. The LT1 PCM is very smart. Try to trick it by adjusting the fuel pressure, and it will figure it out. It will figure it out, and make an adjustment. Like guys who were pulling the fuel PSI on stock tunes, to have it run leaner, and make more power. Within a week or so, the PCM figured it out, and was back where it had been before the change.

You want to use one as a bandaid, because you are too lazy to look for the real issue. Really?? Find the sensor, or wire, or item that was causing it, and you won't need any special parts. Might take some time to trouble shoot, but there are not many sensors, and they are all easy to check. Most can be done with a volt meter, and a pair of safety pins.

~Cory Magner "My name is Cory, and I'm an addict."

95 DCM Buick RMS 14.21 @ 91.79 "Jesus" Blown Engine at 85k
95 DCM Buick RMS 13.52 @ 99.33 "The Doctor" Blown Engine at 180k
96 DGGM Buick RMW. 263k, still on the factory tranny.

And 5 other LT1 powered land yachts Is there Rehab for this Sh*t?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome