Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - Mobile 1 Came Out With A 20K Oil?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2019
Froghair

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Red face

Direct injection is a death warrant for the top end of gas engines. 1925 that type of fueling system was invented and worked well to increase hp and fuel economy. But the top end gets destroyed for a lack of cleaning by quality detergents in top tier gasoline. Yes the super oils may still do their job for 20k but u r still recirculating all that spent fuel by the egr system back into the top end. I now use synthetic oils in my vehicles because I live in a cold winter climate. If I lived in a southern climate I would go back to regular dino oil with changes every 3k miles. Have had many American made vehicles go 185k before I sold them and still never had a oil consumption/burning issue. (Just wanted a change of venue) Going back to50s, 60s and 70s cars is a different story. Just go to a BMW site and read some of their horror stories of having to pull heads and have them walnut blasted at 50k.
This story is not scientific fact just life experience. So take it with a grain of salt. https://www.impalaforums.com/images/..._face_wink.png

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome