Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of purchasing a 2012 or 2013 Impala LTZ
View Single Post
post #50 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2019
jtrosky
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Thanked 2,307 Times in 1,803 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes74challenger View Post
i will warn you about water issues/peeling clear coat issues on aftermarket impala headlights. spyderauto is a reputable brand with great customer service that i personally used and had great results. several other guys could vouch for them as well. the cheaper lights i tried just didn't hold up well or fogged badly.

Spyder Auto pick your light you want then search for the part numbers on ebay or amazon. they are pricey but you get what you pay for. installation of the halo's is actually pretty straight forward and easy. i even used spade terminals on my connectors to make the headlights pretty easy to pull after installation. just shrink wrap the connections to keep water out.
Absolutely, positively, 100% agree with @Joes74challenger! I tried 2 different sets of aftermarket headlights and almost gave up (due to fitment and condendation/water-leak issues) until I tried a set of Spyder headlights. You'll pay a little more for the Spyder headlights, but they are much better than any of the no-name "cheap" aftermarket headlights. But even Spyder is not up to OEM quality. Some people still report clear-coat issues with Spyder headlights. Personally, I've a a set of Spyder CCFL Halo headlights on my 2012 for years now and haven't had ANY issues whatsoever. No clearcoat issues - no condensation issues - not even a burnt-out bulb. :-)

Here are some pictures of them:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome