View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2018 Thread Starter
plano-doug

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Tools

My modest Snap-On collection.

I searched for "tools" in titles, but got mostly spam results, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Working on cars requires a decent set of tools, and I frequently find myself adding to my collection - never start a project you can't get some new tools out of I hope others will chime in with their pics and stories.

In trying to build up a 2nd set of sockets, for carrying in my truck and/or taking to the pull-a-part, I've been taking inventory of what I have, making sure I only buy what's needed. In doing so, on the side, I gathered up all my Snap-Ons and took a pic.

These are all hand-me-downs from my dad, his brother, and their uncle. I assure you, I can't really afford to buy Snap-Ons

There are only two items in the set less than 45 years old - the 3/8" ratchet (near the top) and the 1/4" ratchet. The 3/8" I got as a warranty swap in the St Louis office over 20 years ago. It's nearly identical to the original other than having the added locking feature.

I'm not sure where the 1/4" ratchet came from, but I hope something will jog my memory one of these days.

The ratchet adapter, far right, does not get much use, mainly 'cause I never think about it. But having been thru this exercise, I expect to start using it some.

I use the Snap-Ons often enough in my garage, but, while they're good tools, I have many other brands I am very satisfied with as well.

Lastly, I saw the bottom pic on Facebook and just had to share - it seems to express the feelings some gearheads have about Snap-On

Doug

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapon3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	143010  
Attached Images

_

If your socket set is all the same brand, you might be a city slicker.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome