Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - Used HPTuner with 2 credits on Ebay for $250 (or best offer)
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2018 Thread Starter
jtrosky
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Thanked 2,305 Times in 1,801 Posts
Garage
HPTuners is simply a tool that allows you to modify the tune in your vehicle. It does not come with any tunes for any vehicle - it just allows you to modify your tune.

That being said, there are a few tunes available in their user-supplied "tune repository". These are tunes that other uses have modified and have submitted. There is no "safety" or "sanity" checks on these tunes whatsoever there, so it can be risky to apply them without thoroughly reviewing them first.

What year/engine is your vehicle (I don't remember from the top of my head)?

Also, you can always but the Overkill tune from Overkill - he charges $150 to take your stock tune file and modify it - which you can then apply with HPTuners. The $150 fee is assuming you already have an HPTuner. If you are looking for performance, that is probably your best option - unless you are willing to spend a LOT of time researching how to modify the tune yourself (takes a LOT of effort, time and testing). You *really* have to know what you are doing if you want to modify the tune for best performance.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my TbooK 16 Pro(E5C8) using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post:
kamikazeedriver (03-28-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome