Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - Oil consumption 3.6
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2018
12 lt

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Garage
At 35% olm oil in our 2012 is still between the 2 and 3rd dot on the stick. Car has around 140,000 miles on it, dealer has performed all but 3 of the oil changes try to always change it around the 35% mark. Only thing that will change in the future will be to NOT use the pf48 filters. Car still has a pf48 on it at this point, will be taking it to the dealer for the upcoming oil change and gonna press them on the tsb and why they had been using the wrong filter even after the tsb had come out.

Far as those leaks, are these around an oil filter relocation system? I had a 93 blazer with a 4.3 that blew the seal on the relocation adapter at the block, wife was driving it when it happened and shut it off as soon as the light came on but unknown at that time damage was done and it was out of warranty. GM came out with a recall for that after I fixed it(seems to be the norm with gm), motor several thousand miles later through a rod.

My 6 year constantly asks why. What adults can learn from 5 and 6 year olds, to listen with your ears and mind open. Hard to learn when you don't listen ......

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome