View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2017
JDKImpala13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac90 View Post
Hi guys. I have a 2008 chevy Impala LT with the 3.9L engine. This morning I woke up to a foggy morning. Used my remote to start the car early so the Windows would be clear when I got in it. As I was walking to the car I noticed the Windows were not clear. After investigating for a minute , playing with the selector switch , that the only thing not working was the front defroster? It blows out of the vents and at my feet. When the switch selector is in the defrost position it blows at my feet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I had the same thing happen on my 2013 Chevy Impala LT with a 3.6L, I did the same steps as above with the exception being the 2013 does not have the HVAC fuses. On a 2013 you need to pull the fuse for the "Display", you will see it marked on the fuse box cover under the hood of the car. I turned off the HVAC blower, pulled the fuse, waited 5-10 minutes, reinstalled the fuse and turned the ignition to ACC. At first it did not work, I did not hear the actuators resetting themselves, then once I actually started the car I could hear the actuators resetting and everything worked fine.

Thank you all for the help, glad I checked out this site.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome