View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2016
CaLefty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn7472 View Post
I have a 2015 Impala with almost 18,000 miles on it now. The last week I have noticed that anytime the transmission goes from 3rd to 4th gear the rpms rise by a few hundred before it will switch. This causes a delay in switching gears. It will do it no matter how I accelerate. I have the trifecta tune but don't think this is the cause as it will still do it when I engage cruise control(tune off). Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

PS. I have the 3.6l v6.
I had the same issue when shifting into 3rd when turning left or trying to pass. Took my car in 3 times to the dealer. Each time they said no issue found and I codes. Just before I took it in for an an change at 47,000 miles, i was checking the air filter and noticed the air tube that goes from the air filter to the throtal boby had a tear in the flex part. After doing a quick fix by using electrical tape until can get a new one ordered. My shifting problems went away. The problem was extra air entering past the air flow sensor and the computer couldn't compensate and add fuel.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome