Impala Forums banner

Impala_9c1 Mod Thread (WITH SURPRISE!) Pic heavy

8K views 67 replies 11 participants last post by  Impala_9c1 
#1 ·
Hey all who get to own such an awesome car. I want to show you my my progression.

Here is my 2007 9c1 on the day I bought it:

Here it is with the mods. (New lower bumper with police brake air intake, LED spotlight, onstar antenna, new upper and lower grille)

Here it is with my new 2012 Impala LT (also my last day at owning the 9C1!)

Here is my new 2012 LT. I plan on adding LED Spyder Tails and possibly halos, maybe a spoiler and still thinking about a bumper and grille swap like i did with my 9C1! ANy other ideas for mods?

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Received my used spyed headlights today!

very excited, but there are some issues with them looking for help.

What works:

High beams
Side LED and halo rings
right parking light
both signal lamps (parking lights do work when activated by signal!)

Whats not working:

left parking light
daytime running lights
headlights

Any ideas? Thanks. The guy spliced into the harness.

Attachments

#9 ·
How are they wired? Did they come "pre-wired" and you just connected them to the stock connectors? When new, they are not "plug and play" - you have to wire LED's and Halos separately. But the low-beams should work - unless the bulbs are bad (if that's even possible - not sure if the H1 bulbs can work as high-beams, but not low-beams).

Daytime running lights are just low beams (different intensity, I guess). Just wondering if the issues are all bulb-related...

Were they sold as "working"? If so, depending on what you paid, I might fight with the seller... You can get them brand new for $240....

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I would say the guy hooked them in wrong, what size bulbs do they use? I doubt both low beam bulbs are dead. Make sure they are hooked up, should be the green wire, also check the fuses.

#11 ·
So the parking light I figured out there are two separate coils in it. One for parking light and one for the signal functions. The parking coil burnt.

I bought these used off eBay for $100 the seller said works fine except for small crack in lense which doesn't affect usage.

The lights are scratched I can fix that but when I told the seller this he said sorry buddy for what you paid what did you expect?

Now everything works except low beam function. Both on automatic light mode and when controlled by the switch.

I looked at wiring. He had the Halo and Led hooked up to the parking light wire.

Everything with the low beams looks okay maybe I just didn't connect them all the way?

Fuses are good I'm running my original stock lamps now for safety reasons

#13 ·
One last question for when i go to auto zone, are the headlight bulbs replaceable? I tried to stupid remove one as you would a normal bulb and broke some soldering(between bulb and connector)... Which I fixed it, and plan to buy new headlight bulbs and connectors at auto zone tonight and then playing around with wiring.

These headlights I presume are spyder or eBay.. they say eagle eye on the lense.. TIA everyone wiring these isnt a porblem just determining if a bulb broke or something like that

#14 · (Edited)
I just took a look at my spare set of Spyder CCFL halo headlights (black) and they actually say "Sonar" on the bottom of the lens (under the turn-signal bulb) - along with DOT info...

EDIT: Now that I look closer at yours, I believe that yours are NOT Spyder - but actually Spec-D halo headlights (I think that is the other brand). Completely different style (my turn-signal bulb area looks completely different).'

EDIT: Hmm, maybe they are not Spec-D (which is a good thing!). I see them listed as "Unbranded/Generic" and "Eagle Eyes" (like you mentioned). Definitely not Spyder though. I was wondering about the "NO HID" warning sticker as I've never seen that on my Spyder headlights.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

#16 ·
I'll tinker with in I a couple hours and come back if I need some help. Thanks for all your help everyone. Sorry for the spelling and grammar errors I'm on mobile.

These headlights are beautiful can't wait to get them working!

#17 ·
Nice 2012, congrats!

If you can get those halos to run in full function, you will have a one hell of a deal on some nice headlights. Hit with some polishing compound and they should clear right up.

Also if you are wanting to sell/donate your stock (silver) grilles, i will take them off your hands. :eek:k3:

#18 ·
Well, I got everything working. The projector bulbs were out (both of them).
Need to get these polished and find a gasket? At the junk yard and set the beams and they will be good to go!

I got the SS style grills in black in the mail. However I'm debating keeping my silver grills it's a tough debate I'm having in my head. Either way I'm dipping the symbols from and back black next.

If I do get rid of the silver grilles if you'd like to pay for a small fee just to cover shipping I could get them to you but give me a day to decide.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

#19 ·
For the gasket mostly everyone uses blacm adhesive or poly gasket maker found at autozone.

Post some more pics. Of the halos and new grilles :eek:k3:

Im willing to pay the shipping, just let me know. Then il shoot you a PM on info.

#23 ·
Black badges look good, but the black grilles will look MUCH better. Interested in seeing the new wheels!

#25 ·
Ordered LED Spyder Tails, so excited to get those in. I kept the Halos, but am keepig them off until I can figure out how to fix them.

I think my car is perfect now, Just wanna debadge it and install the new bumper covers and grills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.