Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - Value of 2007 Impala LT - odd condition
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2015 Thread Starter
acammer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I've had it for a week, and put some miles on it. Starts, runs and drives really well - it's nice a quiet, rides good, everything is nice and tight minus one strut bushing out back. The tires are really good - I'll have to check the date code but they are a non-issue at this point. The hail damage is like invisible in the pictures, but it's pretty obvious when you walk up to it - not a big detractor, but it's definitely gonna hurt resale value.

I think if I can get it for like $3,000 I think it's worth that. The A/C probably will take a recharge fine, the bushing in the rear is not a big deal at this point, and the check engine light for oil pressure is either a bad sensor or wiring - that'll be the most expensive diagnosis/repair. If I can get 75k out of it over the next 3-4 years, which I think is totally plausible, then I'd be pretty happy with having only laid out $3k to start with. I agree it's more trouble than it's worth to buy, fix, and resell - the condition just isn't there to make any bank. Thanks for looking guys - anybody else with an opinion lets hear it!

2007 Impala SS - Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N CAI
2011 Camaro SS - Headers back, intake, ported TB, tune, 412rwhp
1993 Dodge 1-ton, 1st Gen Cummins power!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome