Chevy Impala Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Impala with Bose
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2015
Dimp-ala

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wizetek- Thanks for the response, both here and the PM!

The 20-pin connector I was referring to was from Utah LTZ's post. It's the little box mounted on the front side of the amp bracket with the big gray 90 degree plug in it, and is the only 20-pin connector there. Either way, while it is mounted to the black plastic bracket that holds the amp, it has nothing to do with audio, and should be left alone.

Now, I personally don't have the 11-speaker centerpoint system, just the upgraded 6-speaker MyLink system, but my factory amp is indeed labeled "Bose". I have 2 dash tweeters, 2 front door 6x9in. woofers, and 2 5&1/4in. 'wide range' coaxials in the rear doors.

So far, I'm only adding a Kicker self-powered sub, but have been doing a lot of homework on this. Info for the 10-gens is pretty scarce so far, so this thread has been great!

One odd thing I've found (besides having a Bose amp) is that on the black 8-pin connector, spots 4 and 8 are putting out battery voltage even when the car and accessories are off. I haven't seen any reference to those 2 wires anywhere...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome