Impala Forums banner

Bud54's 2009 Impala "Project Payla"

60K views 508 replies 39 participants last post by  Bud54 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all. Rather than constantly make new threads when I do something to my Impala, I decided to make one mod thread for her. So here it is!

Disclaimer: This thread is very pic heavy lol.

Progression up to this point:

First day she was brought home on October 26th, 2013:

Taken just after being driven off the lot on November 1st, 2013:

First "Photo Shoot":

New Chrome CCFL LED Headlights:

Second "Photo Shoot" with the new headlights:

Just installed - Red LED Interior Dome Light and Courtesy Lights:

Just done - De-badged the GM Emblems from Fenders and the "LT" from the Decklid:

See less See more
#325 ·
Freakin awesome!!

Some tint would really set it off!

Reactions: Bud54
#328 ·
I LOVE the red interior trim! Looks very sporty! :eek:k3:

#330 ·
May 17th, 2015

Well, the mods have been scarce recently - currently working on a new job.

Anyway, I did do a couple minor things...

My first "performance" mod, K&N filter... :lol:

And I got a little filler plate to use on special occasions :yahoo:

That's about it for now. Currently saving for either some tint or dual exhaust... :devil:

#333 ·
Third for tint :eek:k3:

#335 ·
June 9th, 2015

Haven't updated in what feels like forever. I haven't done any mods recently, although tint and exhaust are still waiting in the wings for possibly later this summer.

I did, however, change out spark plugs last week. Been putting that off for a while. Gonna be saving for an alternator and new winter tires.

I also failed to mention I changed out the red interior LEDs for white ones. Got kinda sick of the look and not being able to see inside at night. :lol:

Last week, I also did my first full detail in a while. Washed, clayed, polished, and waxed all the way around. :eek:k3:

Here are some pics immediately following the detail:

That's all for now, I'll keep it posted! :beer:

Oh, and I got to drive this beauty last week too! :yahoo:

#337 ·
Agreed! Very clean and classy car for sure :eek:k3:

#339 ·
I've got a mix of blue and white. The mirror "dome" lights and rear "oh sh*t handle" lights are white, and the rest are blue. Makes it easy to see at night, but still gives the cool custom look of the blue lighting :eek:k3:

Reactions: 9524
#342 ·
Looks great and you know what would look good too is those stickers like the one you have for your steering wheel bowtie but for the impala letters you could get red or black to match your bowtie and it keeps a little chrome border around them so they look great and show up better.

#343 ·
Very cool. As much as I like the look, I just don't have the "drive" to move the letters myself! Just knowing how "sticky" the letters are, I just know that something wouldn't be perfectly lined up and would drive me crazy (even though nobody else would ever notice)! I'm strange like that!

Your car is really looking awesome - those wheels just made such a dramatic improvement compared to your original wheels!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#344 ·
I appreciate it, JT! The reasons you're talking about are why I put off doing this for so long - I feared it would be really hard to line up and that I'd screw up. How I did it was I put a long piece of Scotch Blue tape along the top of the chrome strip and then above that, I taped down a cloth tape measure that they use for stuff like suit fitting, and I made marks on the tape according to how much space (in inches) needed to be between each letter, and worked with that. :eek:k3:

#345 ·
August 2nd, 2015

So I ordered a set of fog hole covers off Ebay...they are chrome mesh stainless, and I planned to dip them black and put them on...but when I slipped them on to make sure they fit, well...

Obviously they were manufactured wrong (curve is different from the bumper). Ebay seller tried to tell me I was installing them wrong...I wasn't having any of that, so I got a refund and now have a set of useless fog hole covers sitting in my garage. :lol:

That's about all I've done the last month or so not counting routine washes...hoping to pick out a new set of winter tires soon.

#348 ·
August 20th, 2015

The halos are starting to be a real pain in the ass. As soon as I get some extra money, I'm probably gonna switch 'em out for a set of black depos.

Anyway, did my end of summer detail last weekend and snapped some pics!

#349 ·
The halos are starting to be a real pain in the ass. As soon as I get some extra money, I'm probably gonna switch 'em out for a set of black depos.
What is the problem with the halos? They look awesome on your car! Having had a set of the depos and a set of halos, I can definitely say that the halos are of MUCH higher quality (at least the brand that I have).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.