HP / Torque
- Factory original untouched LG3, 5.0L-305 CID.
- 108 kW, 140 HP @ 3800 RPM's.
- 245 Foot Pounds of Torque @ 2000 RPM's
- 19 Inch Flex Fan, H.D. Aluminum 2 Core Radiator, Rebuilt Rochester 2GC carb., Hi-Performance Ignition Module, All metal timing gear/chain kit
- Rebuilt factory original Turbo Hydromatic 200. Replaced the following parts:
Torque Converter, Bands, Washers, Bushings, Forward P. Plate, Filter, M.L/S 200C kit.
- Monroe HD Front Shocks, Monroe Rear Air Shocks (2nd set). 9C1 Rear Springs. Replacement of all ball joints, drag link, inner and outer tie-rods, idler arm, left front spindle, sway bar links. Front Lower Control Arm Bushings. Moog upper A-frame's.
- Tint. Headliner, Sail panels, and rear Package Shelf all done with matching material. New cloth on front and rear seats. Dash Pad, Carpet, 9C1 Gage Cluster, Carpet in the trunk. Fire Extinguisher mounted in trunk. First Aid kit mounted in trunk. Custom Tool Box in trunk. Custom mounted AC Delco Floor jack in trunk. Custom Leaping Impala spare tire cover.
- Vinyl top delete. Body molding delete. Custom Two Tone Light Blue Metallic/GM Bright White paint. All new door, glass, trunk seals. New Window/Door sweeps. Leaping Impala on Sail Panels. IMPALA and Blue Chevy Bow Tie on trunk. 3rd Brake Light. Custom covers over rear light panels.
Wheels and Tires
- 215/75R15 on factory steel rims with original hubcaps. Includes original full size spare rim. New Chevrolet Bowtie emblems on hubcaps.
Audio / Video
- Sony X-Plode CD (WAV, WMA, MP3), AM-FM, Front AUX Input, 208 Watts w/remote.
- Speaker Front 5 1/4 inch 2 way , Rear 6X9 3-way. Plenty of power for my taste.
- (1)07,??? as of October 15, 2014.
- May 12, 2012, Won 3rd place in it's division - (70-90 Modified)
- June 2011 Impala Of The Month - Impalaforums.com
- May 14, 2011 Won 2rd place in its division - (70-90 Modified)
Next Big Project
- Engine/Transmission upgrade in the works.
This vehicle was custom ordered and built on November 1, 1976 by the GM South Gate CA Assembly Plant. It was delivered to and sold by Chase Chevrolet (no longer in business) in Sherman Texas. I bought this car on January 9, 2003.
- Impala LTW stands for LifeTime Warranted, LOL. For it has over 38 lifetime warrantied parts, with more to come in the future.
- 4/11/15 Major TLC day. HVAC overhaul. Replaced AC compressor, AC condenser from R12 to R134 type. Replaced evaporator core. Replace heater core. Coolant change. Oil change. New belts.
- 4/2/13 Rolled first 100,000 miles at 5:47pm.
- 12/27/12 Replace left upper control arm and installed OEM left front spindle replacing the later edition temporary I had on there.
- 08/22/12 Replaced right upper control arm, lower ball joint, and left upper control arm bushing.
- 04/28/12 Replaced lower control arm bushings.
- 10/19/11 New Power Steering pump and hoses.
- 5/6/11 Car back from paint shop.
- 3/15/11 Car back from upholstery shop, now at paint shop.
- 10/3/10 Car at upholstery shop getting upgrades.
- 7/30/10 Car back from body shop, damage listed below fixed.
- 6/29/10 Car damaged while parked on right rear door and quarter panel.
- 5/19/10 New all metal timing gear kit, replaced original set that still had the plastic teeth cam gear, amazing at 80K miles and 33 years later that all the teeth were still on it.
- 5/17/10 New AC compressor
- 5/15/10 New Sway bar links
- 5/07/10 All new front end parts, tie-rods, center link, idler arm, upper and lower ball joints.
- 9/25/09 Replace the rear springs with 9C1 springs.
- 8/7/09 Replace the previous air shocks that I installed back in November 03 with new L.T.W. ones from Monroe.
- 12/8/08 Bummer, today the car got dinged up a little when it was backed into a parked pickup's bumper.
- 5/28/08 Now that I have my work van this car is back into semi retirement.
- 3/26/08 I tossed out the old bumper jack in favor of a small floor jack, the floor jack is much safer than the factory bumper jack.
- 1/9/03 Bought the car with 24K on the odometer.