|07-21-2012, 03:45 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what will you experience after replacing BCM
i will post this for every one to avoid what happened to me.
- the reason for me that my body control failed is that a water leak in driver side which caused it to malfunctions.
- the malfunctions in my case was the high light beam and the door locks, they are both do not work properly.
- to diagnosis it you need to make sure that the electrical signal coming from interface source is reached at the bcm but there is no exit from it.
- i purchased a BCM and installed it by myself, and i will post the method soon explained with photos.
- when you buy one you need to make sure that the colors and p/n match 100%, this because of different electrical options available in different cars, for my case it was red white black black black black
there is also green one and blue one
- when i first installed it my car started but its electrical behavior was not ideal, while i was driving to the programming workshop, multiple times "Service traction control light turned on " also the " check engine light".
- it tooks about 15 minutes for the technician to program it by device called MODIS, and then all service lights turned off and the car is ready to use, all locks and light problems vanished.
- the ODO and other trip meters did not changed.
- but know my radio is locked, i have its code, i found it with the car catalogues, but i was unable to enter it.
can someone clarify to me what MN and HR buttons are ?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My Plasti Dip Experience!||Beefy||Recent Mods/Weekly Updates||10||06-18-2012 11:21 PM|
|Just a Few notes from previous experience.||thacarter546||DIY How To's & Write Up's||4||01-18-2011 03:34 PM|
|Experience with 255/60-17 on SS rims?||etc||Wheels and Tires||3||07-06-2010 01:21 PM|
|near death experience||POPIMPIN CUSTOMS I.N.C||Off-Topic Discussion||6||11-04-2009 08:04 AM|
|Not liking my 1st experience with my 07 Impala||Bobcats 3||Chevy Impala Discussion||4||09-21-2009 07:38 PM|