Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: West Grove, PA
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,571 Posts
|Audio, Video, and Electronics All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
├───backup (Not Used) ├───nng (Main Primo folder) │ ├───content (Main Primo content folder) │ │ ├───building (3D Building Files) │ │ │ ├───*.3dc │ │ │ └───*.3dl │ │ ├───car (Car files for GPS position icon) │ │ │ └───*.zip │ │ ├───dem (Elevation data for 3D map contours) │ │ │ └───*.dem │ │ ├───global_cfg (Country configuration data) │ │ │ └───global_cfg.zip │ │ ├───histspeed (Historical speed data) │ │ │ └───*.hsp │ │ ├───lang (Language files for app interface text) │ │ │ └───*.zip │ │ ├───map (Map files) │ │ │ ├───*.fbl (Main map file) │ │ │ ├───*.fda (Driver alert files) │ │ │ ├───*.fjw (Junction files) │ │ │ ├───*.fpa (Address point files) │ │ │ ├───*.fsp (Speed profile files) │ │ │ ├───*.ftr (Truck restriction files) │ │ │ └───*.hnr (Pre-processed route profiles) │ │ ├───phoneme (TTS pronunciation files) │ │ │ └───*.ph │ │ ├───poi (Points of interest files) │ │ │ └───*.poi │ │ ├───scheme (Map color-scheme files) │ │ │ └───*.zip │ │ ├───skin (Optional interface skins) │ │ │ └───*.zip │ │ ├───speedcam (Redlight/speedcam data files) │ │ │ ├───*.txt (User-supplied camera files) │ │ │ ├───*.spud (User-supplied camera files) │ │ │ └───*.spdb (System-generated camera data) │ │ └───voice (Regular and TTS voice files) │ │ └───*.zip │ ├───font (Application fonts) │ ├───license (Application license files) │ ├───save (Applcation configuration, history, favorites, etc) │ ├───tts_loq_7 (Loquendo TTS engine files) │ ├───tts_nua_v5 (Nuance TTS engine files) │ ├───ui_igo9 (Customized Primo interface files) │ ├───utility (Optional utilities for Primo) │ ├───ux (Optional "add-ons" for Primo) │ ├───branding.zip (File containing customizations related to system branding) │ ├───data.zip (Main data file used for application interface) │ ├───LoqTTS7.dll (Loquendo TTS driver file) │ ├───LTTS7* (Loquenge TTS driver files) │ ├───nnghal.dll (Nuance TTS driver file) │ ├───nngnavi.exe (Main Primo executable) │ ├───sys.txt (Main Primo system configuration file - TONS and TONS of settings!) │ ├───tahoma.vfont (Application font file) │ ├───tahomabd.vfont (Application font file) │ └───vautov5.dll (Nuance TTS driver file) ├───device.nng (Device information file - used for app security) ├───maplaunch.ini (Contains GPS app startup info - not used with the GM1010 - historical) └───touch.cfg (Contains touchscreen calibration settings)
- show_progressbar - tells Primo whether or not to show the progress bar while loading Primo
- show_statustext - tells Primo whether or not to show the status messages while loading Primo
- progressbar_x - tells Primo where to show the progress bar horizontally (in pixels)
- progressbar_y - tells Primo where to show the progress bar vertically (in pixels)
- progressbar_end_x - tells Primo where to show the "end image" of the progress bar horizontally (in pixels) - this is used if you want the end of the progress bar to be different than the rest.
- progressbar_end_y - tells Primo where to show the "end image" of the progress bar vertically (in pixels)
- text_align - specifies where to show the status text messages, if the show_statustext entry was set to "1" (Left=0, Center=1, Right=2, Justify=3)
- text_fontcolor - specifies what color to use for the loading text font, if enabled.
1. The TTS phrases are contained within the TTS voice files. The voice files are located in the "nng\content\voices" folder and are .zip files. You *must* use certain versions of WinRAR to edit the files in these .zip files! This is EXTREMELY important. If you use a newer version of WinRAR or you try to use WinZip, Primo will NOT be able to read the .zip file anymore! I'm not sure exactly what changed with WinRAR or what version it changed in, but I know that WinRAR 4.01 works perfectly.
2. Always make a backup of the TTS voice .zip file before trying to customize it! This way you can always get back to where you started!
3. I highly recommend that you use WordPad to edit the files in the TTS voice .zip files. The files that you are editing will have extensions of ".ini" and ".voice". You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you associate those file types with WordPad from within Windows. This way, when you double-click on the file from within WinRAR, the file will automatically be opened in WordPad.
1. Navigate to the "nng\content\voice" folder on your PC (with the GPS SD card accessible from your PC via a SD card reader).
2. Double-click on the voice file you wish to change. Some voices are easily identified by the filename, some are not. You can always find out which .zip file contains which voice by looking at the "info.ini" file in the zip file (which is also the file you need to modify to change the TTS voice "test phrase").
3. To change the TTS Voice "test phrase" message, double-click on the "info.ini" file in the voice file - this should open the file in WordPad if you associated .ini files to WordPad in Windows like recommended above.
4. The line that you want to change for the TTS voice "test phrase" is the line that begins with "testsound=". Change the phrase specified there to whatever you want Primo to say when you select this TTS voice. Make sure to keep quotes around the phrase.
5. After making your changes, close WordPad. WordPad will then ask you if you want to save the changes - click "Save" (don't worry about the filename it displays).
6. Next, WinRAR will open a window asking you if you want to update the .zip file with the changes you made to the file. Click "Yes" here - this will update the .zip file with your changes.
7. Close WinRAR.
[2d]- Write street names on roads instead of in "balloons" in 3D mode:
[3d_config]- Enable experimental features:
[debug]- Disabled the "Entering [townname]" entries in the itinerary mode:
[feature]- Enable extra settings menu:
[interface]- Change road name font size:
[interface]- Set startup screen:
[interface]- Enable/Disable "Route recalculation" voice when recalculating route:
start_state="st_EasyNav" (some options: st_MainMenu, st_EasyNav, st_EasyFindMenu)
[interface]- Change tilt level of 3D view:
[map]- Set default simulation speed:
1. Install the MapChanger UX and .exe files by un-ziping the Primo-MapChanger_Rosen.zip file to the "nng" folder on your GPS SD card.That's about it. It's a little confusing, but if you follow the steps, it will all work. :-) Don't hesiate to ask if you have any questions! Setting up smaller "map sets" can *significantly* reduce the GPS startup time!
2. Setup your map folders in the nng\content directory. You want your main/primary map set to be in the "nng\content\map" directory. Your alternate "sets" will be in the following directories (these directories and the files in step #3 will be created for you automatically when you un-zip the .zip file in step #1 ):- nng\content\map_taYou MUST use these directory names. Each "alternate" set of maps will be in one of these directories. Use as many as you need (up to 3 alternate sets). You will "name" these sets in the following steps. These particular directory names are used becuase of historical purposes (map_ta was for "TeleAtlas" maps, map_ot was for "Other" and map_us was for "User") - but the names really aren't important - you can put whatever maps you want in each of the directories. Just copy whatever state maps you want in each "set" into the appropriate map_?? directory (done on a PC in Windows). There are up to 6 files for each US state map (each beginning with the state name) - you want to move all map files for a particular state.
3. Step #1 will also create a file in each of the "map set" directories named like this:- !map_nt.txt (this will be in your "primary" map folder (nng\content\map)The contents of the file doesn't matter - I usually just put "NT", "TA", "US" or "OT" in the file to match the filename. But what's really important is the file name, not the contents.
- !map_ta.txt (this will be in your "map_ta" map folder, if used (nng\content\map_ta)
- !map_us.txt (this will be in your "map_us" map folder, if used (nng\content\map_us)
- !map_ot.txt (this will be in your "map_ot" map folder, if used (nng\content\map_ot)
4. Edit the sys.txt file in order to "name" your alternate map sets.- Create a new "[mapchanger]" section in the sys.txt file
- You will "name' each of your alternate mapsets using the following stanzas under the [mapchanger] section - here is how I have mine setup (I have 4 sets of maps, including both HERE and TomTom maps):[mapchanger]
map_nt="HERE - 9 States"
map_ta="TomTom - 9 States"
map_us="HERE - All States"
map_ot="TomTom - All States"
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Rosen DS-GM1010-P11 "OEM-look", Plug & Play, DVD/Navigation Head Unit Review||jtrosky||Audio, Video, and Electronics||390||06-23-2017 04:26 PM|
|2006 Impala SS Oil usage||Quasar3210||8th Gen Drivetrain||43||03-26-2016 01:43 PM|
|Help Needed w/ Steering Wheel Controls Usage||jason78||Chevy Impala 8th Gen Discussion||2||02-14-2014 11:40 PM|
|RDD Usage by Police||donmateo||Automotive Discussion||11||12-17-2012 12:18 PM|