Impala Forums banner

Performance Mods

19K views 143 replies 19 participants last post by  SCOTTYINWV 
#1 ·
Searched the forum but only found 2 year old stuff. I'm looking to get a tuner/programmer for my 06 Impala ltz. Not sure whats all out there but autozone has a bullydog power programmer for 219.00. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with these? Or should i just steer clear of them? Thanks!

#2 ·
Get an Overkill pcm better than a turner.

#4 ·
noob questions...my 07 LTZ has dual stock...is there a difference? also is there a difference between the cold air intake under the hood with a ram mod from the fender vs without? is it ok to just get a under hood cold air intake when its actually a short ram air and not a true cold air intake? also, should I get the overkill pcm before or after the other mods?

#5 ·
I believe the stock is "fine," but a performance one will give better sound and if you get bigger pipes you will have better flow.

It is better to do FWI because under the hood is just suckin in hot air, defeats the purpose.

and PCM after anything you plan to immediately do.

#8 ·
:: Overkill Motorsports ::

Intakes that use a short ram are counterproductive, air heated by the engine compartment will decrease performance and economy. You need something that will pull in outside air, and has an insulated pipe that won't heat the air as it passes through. Or you can open up the stock airbox more for better flow.

#16 ·
Sure you can run nos if you want to burn up pistons/bearings/etc and reduce the life of your engine. Not to mention it is Illegal on the streets whether you use it or not.

#18 ·
Wasnt trying to be a d!ck just letting you know the facts. Nos is reserved for top fuel dragsters as they rebuild them every couple 1/4mile's anyways. Or for people who dont want to spend the money to get more performance, the right way.

#20 ·
Well then you might as well do a zr1 RWD like someone mentioned a while back. lol

#24 ·
It doesnt matter if its wet or not, excessive use will burn up piston rings faster.

#26 · (Edited)
Thats correct it doesn't. Of course a wet system is safer but, I still wouldn't recommend nos. Gm has enough issues with quality so, why throw nos in the mix?

Really I didn't know that :eek:k3:

#27 ·
Stock motors can take a lot more abuse than some may expect. And a S/C or T/C can be just as taxing on a motor as nitrous. CAN BE, not saying it's a for sure thing. If I had a choice i'd run it on my ride. Temporary boost of power, and the rest of the time you're getting the same mpg and ride quality as before. As for the whole illegal thing.. HID's in stock housings are also illegal. So are drag radials, removing catalytic converters, windshield tinting, ect. There are plenty of car items that are deemed "illegal", but aren't really enforced. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for having nitrous in their ride. Probably because most keep it in the trunk :eek:k3:

#28 ·
True that :eek:k3: Much better said than ejbiers. Atleast you actually said something besides "know your facts". :giggle:

That being said I still will never use nos. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.