Impala Forums banner

Clicking noise coming from glove compartment

39K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  retiredpauly 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I have a 2007 Chevy impala ss. I am getting a clicking noise from my glove compartment box. Everytime I crank my car its starts clicking then after 30 seconds or so, it stops. And it will sometime start clicking again when I change the climate control from cold to hot. What can this be? Any suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 ·
Blend door actuator. Put it on cold and then wait for the clicking to stop, then turn on recirculate to see if it begins clicking again. If it doesn't, your center afire actuator has gone bad. If it clicks when you hit recirculate, your inlet air actuator has gone bad.

#3 ·
Do a search too - there is a write up on how to fix it your self...I belive it may even be a sticky.

#5 ·
Here is some general info on actuators I just posted on another forum for my non-chevy - the photos might help you to undertsand the underlying issues, and the part. I had no idea what an actuator looked like until I dove into this last night.

I am still under warranty, but did not want the hassle of bringing the car to the dealer and returning to stock. Again, the actual directions are not applicable to the Impala, but the concept is. Hope it helps in some way.
Replacing Blend Door Actuator Instructions

#6 ·
I did what u said, I put it on cold then I pushed the recirculate button a few seconds later the click started. Then like 30 seconds later it stopped. The clicking noise doesn't click everytime, it usually clicks when I start the car up. It will do it like once a day. Or sometimes not at all

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#7 ·
It is your blend door actuator - trust us. Very common not only in Impalas but all newer cars - did you look at the cheap plastic inner parts in the link I posted above? Disgraceful.....

#8 ·
Why do car companies feel a constant need to take something that works, and ruin it? It's not like they advanced the technology any, they're just trying to see how cheap they can get away with making everything. I'm thankful every day that I have an old car...

#9 ·
I agree. We haven't had any issues with the actuator in our 2001 SLS It works perfectly. They obviously cheapened the parts

#11 ·
?? Why are the hairs on my neck standing on end......

#13 ·
Possible......but my spam radar is up too......

#14 ·
Yeah, we get a number of those "nice post" guys. I have no idea what their end game is, but they offer us nothing.

#16 ·
^^^ Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.

#17 ·
Did I ever tell you the story of a man (nfl jerseys) who came here and told a very (jerseys from china) story?

#18 ·
No, but I new to here. Very usful place . I happy to meet here. (nfl jerseys)

Cheers

Rudolph Montgomery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.