Impala Forums banner

Cigarette Lighter Socket question

65K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  TBrasii 
#1 ·
Hello Impala owner's, My cigarette lighter doesn't work and i would like to know where is the location to replace the fuse:dunno:?...Also what's the fuse amperage? I have a 03 Impala LS with a 3.8L V6 engine...I appreciate everyone's time..Thank You:rolleyes:

#2 ·
Open the drivers door and right on the side of the dash, next to the vents you will see a panel that says fuses with a little lightning bolt. Pull that off and you will see them all there and their locations listed on the rear of your panel you took off.

Mine says "Cig/aux" and it's 10amp.

#7 ·
thank you auntjemima

My friend and I have been trying to fix this damn lighter for a couple days and thanks to you its now fixed. We didn't know there was another fuse box on the passenger side we were trying to replace the whole thing when I found your post. Again thank you. Now we are members of the forum...

#15 ·
Dead thread resurrection!!
Have you checked for 12v at the connector that plugs into the socket? If you have that then it’s the socket still giving you trouble. If you don’t have 12v then work your way back to the fuse box, but I think it is near the socket area where your problem is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.