Impala Forums banner

Turning Homeplate into clock

6K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  9524 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Did you do that paint yourself, or is that photoshopped? If that is your work, you have the magic touch that comes around one in a blue moon.

I love the idea of turning home plate into a clock. I would be willing to buy one actually, if the price was one I could afford.

#13 ·
Oooo I don't have one like that, but there is a yard just down the road, i'll check to see if they have one.

As for the clock price,... I am going to be making a bracket to utilize the holes to hang it up. I will get back to you on cost once it is completely done.

#14 ·
Well I already have one, what if I was to send mine to you, have you paint it an send it back. I'll pay for everything jut let me know.

#20 ·
So that is what you'd like doen then? The hardest part is the smaller letters. What is on it right now? and do you know if Adhesion Promoter (AP) was used on it before painting? Only ask because AP is very crucial in getting the paint to stay adhered to the plastic.

The homeplate piece i painted I washed 4 times and used AP on it to give me piece of mind when it comes to longevity.

#22 ·
Right now it's primers. That's why it's white. The big letters I want painted. The smaller ones I would like to just sand totally down so it's just flat right there. As far as I remember we never used any AP.

When I first did It I just painted it white without using anything. Bad idea. So my bother and it sanded it back down, sprayed the primer on, smoothed the primer out. Then that's the last we did.

#23 ·
Well if u are confident in your priming I can paint on top of that. And remember if adhesion is lost that is on you. I'm assuming your car is pearl white and you have the paint code? So if you want me to continue on what you started I have no problem with that. Sand letters off and paint the rest correct?

And Papa D I have 6 of those homeplates. I collect them for this reason,... to make clocks out of them. Going to ebay them once I get more done. this one is for a friend that helped me out.

#24 ·
That sounds like an awesome plan. I might ask you to go ahead and AP it if you could. Just to be extra sure. I would send the paint code with it. And yes, paint, sand letters. Maybe an extra SS emblem painted on it. Not sure though. What kinda price would we be talkin here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.