Impala Forums banner

SS rims on an LS?

20K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Will this work out without any correction being done to the fender or suspension? I found tons of mention with going from 18's to 20's but nothing about a base 16 being swapped for 18's

#6 ·
I provided a link about issues some guys run into changing from 16 stockers to 18 stockers. I will try to find it again. NEVER an issue going from 18 stockers to 16 stockers interestingly.

#10 ·
Agree, because even if you are one of the unlucky, the fix is not too hard - I am still searching for the link...I have posted the link here before too. A guy named ImpalaJoe at NAIOA had the issue putting 18" LTZ rims on his 07 , and detailed the fix for it (I bought his 07 LT rims from him).

#12 ·
Wider as well. 225 is the LT width.

#14 ·
no, going into a phone conference though right now... bye!

#15 · (Edited)
Hey, I found my post here which details the issues. And stickied it since it seems I have to look for it every few months.

OP, read this and it provides a synopsis of what you are looking for. You may or may not have trailing arm or strut plate or control arm issues - luck of the draw, though most have no issues. No rhyme or reason. Going from stock 18s to stock 16s is never an issue though, never.

http://www.impalaforums.com/wheels-and-tires/281083-new-wheels-rubbing.html?highlight=impalajoe

#20 ·
Looks nice. Interesting on the 17 to 18 switch. In the million or so discussions I have had on the issue, it was always about going from 16s to 18s. Never 17s to 18s before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.