Impala Forums banner

2009 Impala SS

31K views 202 replies 23 participants last post by  YaboyPhil 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, my names Adam and I am the proud owner of a 2009 Impala Super Sport. Some of you will know me by my previous account on here 07ImpalaLT01. When I originally joined I owned a black 2007 Impala LT, which was my first car. Unfortunately it was T-boned at the end of July 2016 and totaled. But I really enjoyed the car. My only regret was not buying the SS model they had at the dealership instead of the LT. So here was my opportunity. I searched around and didn't really find much. Finally came across this one in nearby Ohio.

#2 ·

First thing, had to remove the ugly license plate holder

Purchased some drilled/slotted rotors considering the brakes on these aren't the best

Changed the tail lights to some LED ones I found on eBay

Purchased some Rohana RF2 19x8.5 wheels

Belle Tire had a New Years sale, attempted to buy some tires (forgot the brand) but they didn't have them in stock. So they offered me a better set of BFG tires for the same price

Whited out the Chevy emblems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
It's looking good! I like the white bowtie accents with the Deep Crystal red. Great looking car. Remind me where you are located in Michigan?

Reactions: 09_Impala_SS
#5 ·
South East, about 45 minutes from Detroit, 5 from Ohio. If you want to look it up it's Lambertville, MI

I figured the white bow tie would go well with the SS emblems. A lot better than the gold.

#6 ·
Thank you

Oh I know all about the transmission. Let's strap a transmission that has issues on the 3800's onto a 5.3 V8. So far it still has the original transmission, eventually though it'll crap out like they all do. Then TEP will get another customer.

Reactions: WickedGoat
#7 ·

Here's a better picture of the wheels on the car. Not the best, the whether is crap... but hey no snow! Haha

#11 ·
Thank you, I thought the color would go well with the car. Plus they are kinda similar to something you might see on the Chevy SS.

#12 ·
Actually yes. I need to have my eyes checked, I can't read anything far away. When I do that I'm going to try and get a window tint permit so I can have 5% on the front as well.

#14 ·
Thank you

#15 ·
Snapped this quick pic yesterday while picking up my taxes.

#18 ·
Haha yeah, it was mid 40's out. We have such bipolar weather here. One day it's snow the next it's heavy rain then it's sunny and repeat. Oh and the car certainly isn't clean, it has some salt/dirt on it from the roads.

#19 ·
Thank you, how you see it is kinda how it's staying. Window tint and lowered a little and that's it for the outside... for now lol. Inside I have a few mods to do. I have a custom gauge pillar I purchased from Josh (07LazerBlueSS) that he had in Papa Ssmurf before he sold it. I'll be installing that to monitor transmission temperatures.

Reactions: mbar
#20 ·
It'll probably be a little while before I post a update. Having some close friend issues.

But if it's alright with @RYD SLO I might make some Impala Forums/IOTM stickers to give out to the winners.

#22 · (Edited)
Just purchased a pair of AeroForce gauges for my A-pillar. I've been holding off because I didn't want to spend $400 on two gauges.. but I had a $30 off coupon on eBay. Plus I sold some old games I had laying around. So I'm hoping they will arrive Saturday.

Edit:

#23 ·

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Car seems to run fine still. Definitely needs some suspension work. Struts are shot and the power steering rack has seen better days. Im afraid to find out what this is.

#24 ·
Usually, the check engine light is caused by some minor, emissions-related issue - especially if the car is still running fine. Don't sweat it! Just get the code read at Autozone and go from there... Might be something as simple as a gas cap...

Sent from my OBOOK 11 PLUS DUALOS using Tapatalk

#25 ·
You know oddly enough I did get gas yesterday lol. Went got gas, drove for 15 minutes hung out with my ex.. yeah my ex at Dave and Busters. Went to leave and was driving home and it came on. The roads in Ohio are terrible, it's like playing frogger around potholes.

#26 ·
Well... I fixed it. I'm not sure how but I did lol. I looked over the engine and checked stuff like the gas cap. It was still on. Drove to autozone and he was searching around for the port. When my dad was messing with the heat in my car when I was at work apparently he just shoved the port up in the dash. So I pulled that out. Started it and was going to go back to autozone but now the check engine light is gone.... weird.

#27 ·
Well... I fixed it. I'm not sure how but I did lol. I looked over the engine and checked stuff like the gas cap. It was still on. Drove to autozone and he was searching around for the port. When my dad was messing with the heat in my car when I was at work apparently he just shoved the port up in the dash. So I pulled that out. Started it and was going to go back to autozone but now the check engine light is gone.... weird.
It should still have a stored code. If you go back to Autozone, they should be able to retrieve it. I doubt you have anything to worry about since the CEL went out, but it wouldn't hurt to know, just in case.

Doug

#30 ·
I did, the engine light was still on. Drove it to autozone and then back to my house, it was on. I shut it off. Messed with the port and was going to go back to autozone. Started it and it didn't come back on. Shut it off restarted it, still off. Drove it for 10 minutes and it never came on. So I'm not sure what that was about.

#31 ·

Can't wait to install these. Using one to keep a eye on transmission temperatures. I'm not sure about the other one yet.

#32 ·

A-pillar gauge pod :)

Reactions: mbar
#33 ·

Nighttime pic

#35 ·
Each gauge will give you info on multiple things. Currently on is set to trans temp and voltage. The other fuel economy and it was horsepower.. but it was saying weird numbers like 24HP lol. So I switched it to oil pressure for now. These gauges can read pretty much everything and just plug into your OBD2 port. They are a bit pricy though, I paid $370 but I had a $30off coupon for ebay (Normally $399). I think ZZP charges $249 per gauge.

#36 ·
Replaced another blend door actuator today, that's number two in the last couple months. I'm starting to get tired of spending $28 on these damn things lol.

#37 ·
It's amazing to me how Gm used these same crappy actuators in this car for over 8 years!! Usually, cars that are in production for so long have all of the kinks worked out in a few years - but it seems like they didn't address any of the known issues in these 8th gens... This car should have (or at least could have) been bulletproof by now.

Sent from my OBOOK 11 PLUS DUALOS using Tapatalk

#38 ·
Yeah, the driver side one was terrible. I replaced the glovebox one yesterday. That clicking noise was sooo irritating.

#41 ·
It's the silver carbon trim. Silver with the little black dots. It will be a minor change for me but I prefer it. I'll be selling my current trim, I won't have any use for it. I asked him about shipping but it was a bit much. He pm'ed me a few days ago with the offer which I couldn't pass on lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.